Let your colleagues know about PEEK-OPTIMA Spinal Rod Components.
“I have a lot of patients
“I have a lot of patients who need one level fixation and I’ve always been frightened to use too rigid a system and to destroy the adjacent levels in the future. To find a device to try to protect the adjacent level is for me very important… I think PEEK Rods can be the alternative and maybe can replace, time after time, the rigid posterior fixation.”
Dr. T. Desjardins, Neurosurgeon
Polyclinique Saint Jean, Cagnes-Sur-mer, France
Dr. Desjardins is a PEEK-OPTIMA Spinal Rods user since June 2011
- Gornet, Matthew F., et al. (2011). Biomechanical Assessment of a PEEK Rod System for Semi-Rigid Fixation of Lumbar Fusion Constructs. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 133, 1-12.
- Moumene, M., et al. (2008). Biomechanical Advantages of Expedium PEEK Rods.
- Galbusera F., et al. (2010). Rigid and Flexible Spinal Stabilization Devices: A Biomechanical Comparison. Medical Engineering & Physics, 33, 490-496.
- Ormond, DR., et al. “Polyetheretherketone (PEEK) rods in lumbar spine degenerative disease: a case series. J Spinal Disord Tec, 12(8), 693-701.
- De Iure, F., et al. (2012). Posterior lumbar fusion by PEEK rods in degenerative spine: preliminary report on 30 cases. Eur Spine J, 21(1), S50-S54.